Tuesday, November 8, 2016

In Ears - October 2016

October with Madder Mortem, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Obscure Sphinx, 
Charred Walls of the Damned, Nick Johnston, Alcest, Truckfighters, Electric Citizen, The Well, The Cure, Tool, Puscifer, Flash the Readies and Paramore




Madder Mortem - Red in Tooth and Claw
This is one of the most crucial bands in my life and I met with one of my best friends through this band. We even made our own Madder Mortem t-shirts, as there was nowhere to buy them. Now, they are back after insane seven years. They never had ambitions to be huge, but for loyal fans, they are enormous. Plus, as bands that do deserve it: You need to hear this album dozen times to get into it...



The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation
You bloody freaks, we will miss u...
Especially, when coming up with the most experimental album so far and having packed venues...




No "Click"

Obscure Sphinx - Epitaphs
I don't get it. I might have found some great moment on album Void Mother from 2013, but not here.

Charred Walls of the Damned - Creatures Watching over the Dead
Everything needed is there: Tim "Ripper" Owens on vocals and Richard Christy on drums. But it's not tasty as their works in other bands..

Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human
Potential, but no effect...

Alcest - Kodama - 
Potential, but no effect again...

Truckfighters - V
Once again, bunch of solid catchy tunes and nice guitar melodies, but eventually, might be due to a production, it all blends...

Retro ladies: Electric Citizen - Sateen & The Well - Samsara
Staying in the stoner/retro field: I always had and always will have a feeling for bands with female singers. Plus, if they sound as daughters of Black Sabbath. Unfortunately, their material is not strong enough. On the other hand, this piece is pretty good, I must say



The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
I will probably keep my only The Cure obsession with legendary Disintegration. Amen, Kyle Broflovski!

Tool/Puscifer
I would kill for Stinkfist, but even after multiple tries, neither Ænima nor their discography speaks to me. Therefore I rather go for Puscifer...but same as all of you prog freaks, I will listen to new Tool album, when it comes out.



Czech corner
The best Czech post rock band: Flash the Readies




Confession:
One of the rare songs I love from Paramore...
Would you expect sth like this from these teenage idols?



No comments:

Post a Comment